Wednesday 7 March 2012

Prince of Dorkness: Diary of a Wimpy Vampire (Book 2) by Tim Collins


Nigel Mullet is a teenage vampire, albeit a wimpy one, and this book is his diary of a school term where he has to suffer all the woes that befall normal (i.e. non-vampires) teenagers such as having a girlfriend and having a petty rivalry with another student.

I haven't read twilight before but others have said this is a parody of that. Nigel does attempt to write a vampire-romance novel and extracts are in the book which I thought did mock how I imagine the Twilight series would be but the overall book I think stands alone on its own.

I have to say that I enjoyed this book. It really did come across as if it were written by a teenager, and all the vampire clichés were in here as well - such as them drinking blood. I think the pictures added extra imagery to the words too.

And the humour - it wasn't overstated or too silly. I thought it was just right. The length of the book was correct as well (with humour it can sometimes wear if the book is too long).

I couldn't really fault it.

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is listed on Amazon here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment