Sunday 18 November 2012

The Little Mermaid, Book and CD by Disney


My daughter said this book and CD was great. I asked why and she said it was because she loves the story.


If you've seen the film then you know what to expect here. I let my nearly 6-year-old daughter listen to the CD whilst reading the book. The CD runs for just under 15-minutes. This is one track that contains all the story and has chimes ringing for when the page in the book needs to be turned.

And the voices of the characters are like the ones in the film. The only bit that didn't work well was that Prince Eric falls in love with Ariel's singing in the story, but the actual singing is missing from the CD.

The book is well laid out with nice full page pictures running throughout.

The CD itself fits into the front cover of the book with a plastic covering holding it in, and the book is hardcover too. This means it isn't as flimsy as some other books that come with CDs where the CD holder gets ripped out by little hands.

Most of all I think this book is ideal for girls who are familiar with the Little Mermaid film and are learning to read, so that they can give their parents some quiet time as they go off somewhere to listen to the CD and read the book.

Might have to get some of the other ones in the series too.

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is listed here.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim!

    What's your email address? I want to know if you might be interested in working with us on a James May series.

    My email is declan.mcgettigan@360production.com

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks
    Declan

    ReplyDelete