Friday 8 November 2013

Leading Teams: Tools and Techniques for Successful Team Leadership from the Sports World by Paolo Guenzi and Dino Ruta



This was an interesting book. This would surely be a 5 out of 5 rating for someone who is passionate both about sports and leadership. For me though my passion is more on the sports side so for the parts with no mention of sport, for example the whole of chapter 2, my enjoyment was less, but still overall I liked this and learnt from it, having never read any leadership material before.

The chapters:

1. Why Sport and Management?
2. Management Models of Team Leadership
3. A New Team Leadership Model
4. The Team Leader as Manager
5. The Team Leader as Coach
6. Team Leadership: A Word from the Coaches

The main things I learnt are that “to transfer ideas from sports to business and vice versa, first we need to clarify the key similarities and dissimilarities between the two,” and just general leadership stuff I didn’t think about before, such as how a leader should do their best to reduce uncertainty for their followers.

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is listed to purchase HERE.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment