Monday 24 February 2014

Wonderwise: My Body, Your Body by Mick Manning and Brita Granstrom



My 7-year-old daughter likes learning facts. About this book she said, "I like it. It has interesting facts, like about the eagle's eyes, and that houseflies can smell food from another street."

But this book doesn't have that many facts in my opinion being quite short, and even those that are in the book aren't necessarily things you didn't already know ("cheetahs are the fastest land animals on Earth"). However the one-liner style snippets together with a picture of the corresponding animal probably suit new readers such as 7-year-olds because of the colour and the bite-size nature.

The facts are grouped into categories based on human aspects like our senses, parts of our bodies... I don't think my 7-year-old really picked up on that, although there are some games suggested on the inside covers to bring out these elements more.

All in all a quick ride but one that she enjoyed.


Publication Date: 9 Jan 2014 (this edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment