Thursday 4 October 2012

The Stick Man Activity Book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler


My daughter chose this book because she had the main Stick Man book at school.

When it came in the post I was surprised to see that it was thicker than I expected. This is due in part to an embossed section which is a bit more reinforced than the rest with some push out pieces (postcards, a memory game etc.) but nevertheless there is still plenty else to do too. My daughter who is 5, nearly 6 has been getting stuck in completing some dot-to-dot puzzles featuring characters from the main Stick Man book, she has done some wordsearches, and a maze. We haven’t even started with the stickers, recipes (e.g. for a spider cake), colouring, making of the Stick Man bunting, the stick man bed, the postcards, but will I expect at some point soon.

On the negative though I suppose that some of the stuff can only be done once, like the dot-to-dots, although some of the activities can also be done again and again – the recipes for example, and the reusable sticker scenes. 

My 5-year-old recommends it.

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is listed here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment