Monday 9 December 2013

The Unbelievable Top Secret Diary of Pig by Emer Stamp


“I is Pig. This is my diary.” And so the book begins.

Pig tells the story of his life on the farm. He says “Rolling in mud is fun, fun, fun! Give it a try if you likes.” My nearly-7-year-old said she’d rather stomp in it with her wellies instead.

Pig talks of Farmer who “likes me big. I is going to make myself as big as I can. That way Farmer will love me more.” But Duck shows Pig the error of his ways and Pig has no choice but to run away. Coincidentally the Evil Chickens are building a space rocket. So Pig is in a dilemma. “What would you do if you was me? I don’t want to be eaten by Farmer. I don’t want to shoot off into space and explode in a massive fireball.”

He has no choice and he goes on his space adventure before getting his revenge on Farmer and the Evil Chickens.

A book for children with the story in simple hand-written text (well a pig did write it) and little pictures along the way. It has inspired my daughter now to create a diary of her own, a top secret diary of a cow.

Publication Date: 30 October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment