Thursday 28 July 2016

Inside Out - Handwriting practice by Disney Learning


BOOK REVIEW: I got this book for my nearly-6-year-old daughter but after only doing a few pages she has not done anymore saying that it isn't fun.

She has another handwriting book that she prefers. I note that the other one starts with her having to draw squiggles and outlines of shapes before moving onto letters. This one however has only letters. Also this book has a lot of white space compared to the other which is more colourful. Also both have stickers but whereas the other gives a reward sticker after every double-page spread is completed this one doesn't and loads of pages go by with no stickers being used as the sticker pages are very concentrated and few. So there is not the incentive there for my daughter.

There are a few story pages, and these could easily have been more incorporated into the exercises more, for example getting my daughter to trace in missing words.

So overall this hasn't been fun for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment