Wednesday 22 February 2012

Brown by James Polster


"Brown" follows the hero McGee Brown through a bizarre occurrence of events that sees him go from sports-writer to psychologist to private detective.

I loved several things about this book. I loved the humour. I loved that the chapters were generally short so that I could breeze through relatively quickly (and could stop easily when I needed to). I loved the outlandish situations that the author threw Brown into (well most of them). And I loved the characters' weird ways.

There was a bit in the middle however where the author was relying solely on the ridiculousness of Brown's plight to generate the humour. However this section was over quickly and the beginning prior and the subsequent ending (spoiler: 3-way chase) made up for this.

I enjoyed this read and would recommend.



(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is available to buy here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment